Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Servant or Slave?

I read something interesting today after my earlier post and found out the definitions of servants and slaves. Now, I had a relative idea of the meaning of the words, but wanted to see what Webster's had to say about it. In essence, being a slave means you are forced into service against your will. You have NO choices in life! You COULD choose to do something against the master, but you will suffer consequences. On the other hand, being a servant is a debt that has to be paid, a chance to repay someone for a service done them. If I could choose between being a slave or a servant, since I have to be one or the other, I would rather be a servant! Being a servant is a privilege! Being a servant comes with responsibilities! I was chosen to be a servant for God! I was a slave to the devil! I had no choice in life! I had to do what he said! NO CHOICE! But when Jesus came along and saved me, He gave me the liberty to make something of my life! People get the misconception that being a servant means you don't have a life! But I do have a life! Yes, Jesus is in control of my life! Only because I want Him to be! The devil had control, but he took control of it without my consent! Jesus will not take control without your consent! O, there is so much to be said about the difference between a slave and a servant! I think you get the picture! I surrender as a servant! That is the better life!!!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your post on being a servant....not a slave. Looking forward to following your blog.
    God bless,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete