Monday, August 27, 2012

Work From Home?

Hello to my friends out there! It's been a LONG time and I've been wanting to update for a while now, but literally haven't had the time! We've been BUSY!

Moriah started back to school on August 6 and so far, I'm not liking it one bit. We are NOT doing A Beka this year (sad, but true) due to finances being tight, so we went the route of K12, which is a virtual school, all online learning, with SOME book learning. It's hard to get used to and I am about to have a nervous breakdown over it. I have found myself praying that God will somehow make a way for me to get the stuff she needs from A Beka (which I am a HUGE fan of), but it hasn't happened yet.

Now, if that was all I had to deal with, I would probably deal with it. But with the transitioning to Youth Pastors an hour away, and Darren working mostly part time right now, he's been working overtime trying to find a full time job that will allow us to move closer to the church. It hasn't happened yet, but we are praying and wanting the will of God more than anything. I'm sure He has the best job and home lined out for us. Just being me, I am anxious for it all to come together real soon! Like yesterday! LOL!

We have a lot going on at church. We are planning a yard sale to raise money for the youth. The yard sale will be on Saturday, September 8, from 8 to 1, in Germantown. If you're in the area, stop by! We have revival coming up starting Sunday with Bro. Mike Switzer! We are looking forward to that! In November, a Youth Saturday is being planned! There will be Youth Rally on Friday night, the 16th of November, then the next day will be Youth Saturday! We are excited about that, too!

I've been doing some research on "Working From Home" advertisements and needless to say, most of them, if not ALL of them, are scams. What amazes me is, if they AREN'T scams, why aren't more people going for them???  It sounds too good to be true! Does anyone know of a legit "work from home" scheme that pays money? LOL!

We had our first choir practice with the youth group last night and I must say how happy I was that it turned out so well!!! There are only about ten young people that we are working with and I was amazed at how well they sang! It was amazing!!! They love to sing, so that helps! And I even have some who show interest in playing various instruments, so maybe I can get away from the piano some! It's hard to direct a choir from a piano, but I've done it! I'm not sure how I will act if I can actually get away and be out there where I can get the most from them! Singing away from the piano makes me feel, um, what's a politer word here for (naked)! LOL!!!

Well, I don't want to write a book right now, so I better get going. There's been so much more going on in our lives lately than I have time to write about! But I would love to hear from my friends when you all get a chance! I must say, I DO NOT miss Facebook! I felt trapped while on it, but now I feel free! Does anyone know what I mean? I feel safer!

Good day to all my friends and I hope your lives are happy and fulfilled! And blessed!
I am!
Jennifer

5 comments:

  1. Hello! I seen you at Bond youth camp. I didn't get to say hi because Amelia started running a fever and we left early. As far as working from home {with pay}, I've been interested in that as well. Have you tried the 3 step plan? Its advertised on our Christian radio station, but I don't know if it is legit either. Things are tight here too. These gas prices are killing us. Maynard is a courier so he drives alot and gas prices are eating our profits. Good to hear from you. Annette told me you called her and she was excited to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a stay at home mom and I made hairbows and sold them to buy all of Trinity's (my first baby) clothes and things she needed. Now I own a photography business and I just started selling Scentsy products. I love doing all these things and the best part is they are things I can do from home and my little girl loves to help me with them! If you want, you can email me if you have any questions. I would love to help you! ivis_jones@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I wanted to say... If you are in God's perfect will, He will make a way! When your trying to do a work for God, it may seem at times that everything is going AGAINST you instead of FOR you. It's a huge leap of faith to change churches and take on a role as Youth Pastors. My husband became the Assistant Pastor at our church (where Bro. David Noe used to pastor) in April and we are in the process of moving closer to the church. At times it has seemed that it would be impossible to move but we know it's something God is wanting us to do so we have kept on working for it. I don't want to go to work because I think it's God's will for women to stay home with their children. So I've been praying for God to let my photo business pick up so that I could help out with the finances and it has! God has moved in so many ways in our situation with moving. It is unbelievable! Just keep praying and God will open doors for you. Even the Proverbs 31 woman "maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant." God will make a way for you to stay at home and help provide for your family to have everything it needs! Sorry I can't be more help :( All I can say is that you can do it with God's help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What type of camera do you use for your photography? That is something I have a passion for, but I'm very limited in knowledge! I need to educate myself on the camera I have now. It's a Nikon Coolpix L110! I guess that's how to describe it! It has 12.1 megapixels, 15x zoom, 3.0 inch LCD. I would like to get my own photography business started, but what I want to specialize in is kids photography! I like doing kids! And I am the same way! I feel that my responsibility is at home with my daughter. I homeschool her, so I feel the need to be here. :)

      Delete
    2. I have a Canon EOS 50D. It is awesome! For my photography sessions, I use a 50mm lens. It is great! I love doing photography! I don't have any schooling on photography, I have just done research online to find out how to do things on my own. I looked at the post you just posted with your daughters pictures and they are really good! Just email me if you have anymore questions. I know I had and still have a lot of questions. If you want, you can check out my photography blog! It's www.ivisphotography.blogspot.com

      Delete